- Shareholder meetings
- Dividend information
- Historical dividends
- Dividend calculator
The Companies Act (No. 71 of 2008) requires every company to hold an annual general meeting (AGM) every year. This affords shareholders an opportunity to put questions to the members of the Barloworld board and senior executive management.
Business usually dealt with at the annual general meeting includes –
- the receiving and acceptance of the company’s annual financial statements, including the directors’ report, the report of the auditors and the report of the audit committee for the past year;
- the election or re-election of directors retiring by rotation;
- the election or re-election of the audit committee members;
- appointment of external auditor;
- approving the remuneration policy; and;
- dealing with special business of which due notice has been given such as the repurchase by the company of its own shares or financial assistance or an amendment to its memorandum of incorporation.
General meetings, other than annual general meetings, are held for consideration of matters requiring the approval of shareholders which cannot be left over until the next annual general meeting.
On a show of hands, every ordinary shareholder who is present in person or by proxy at the AGM will have one vote and on a poll, every ordinary shareholder will have one vote for every ordinary share held.
The next AGM to be held on 03 February 2016
Transfer secretaries – South Africa
Link Market Services South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (Registration number 2000/007239/07) Rennie House, 13th Floor, 19 Ameshof Street, Braamfontein, 2001, (PO Box 4844, Johannesburg) Tel: +27 11 630 0000
Registrars – United Kingdom
Equiniti Limited, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA, England Tel: +44 190 383 3381
Transfer secretaries – Namibia
Transfer Secretaries (Proprietary) Limited (Registration number 93/713), Shop 8, Kaiser Krone Centre, Post Street Mall, Windhoek, Namibia (PO Box 2401, Windhoek, Namibia) Tel: +264 61 227 647
The dividend is declared and paid out in Rand for the holders of ordinary shares.
Barloworld declares dividends semi-annually in May and November respectively.
Number 174, interim dividend of 230 cents (gross) per ordinary share
The salient dates for the ordinary dividend are:
- Dividend declared, Monday, 16 November 2015
- Last day to trade cum dividend, Friday , 8 January 2016
- Shares trade ex-dividend, Monday, 11 January 2016
- Record date, Friday, 15 January 2016
- Payment date, Monday, 18 January 2016
Number 159, interim preference dividend at a rate of 6% per annum being 6cps per preference share
The salient dates for the preference dividend are:
- Dividend declared, Monday, Monday, 5 October 2015
- Last day to trade cum dividend, Friday, 23 October 2015
- Preference shares trade ex-dividend, Monday, 26 October 2015
- Record date, Friday, 30 October 2015
- Payment date, Monday, 2 November 2015
A new South African (SA) dividends tax was introduced on 1 April 2012. The dividends tax replaces secondary tax on companies; tax on dividend will now be paid by the shareholder.
|Declaration date||Ex-dividend date||Record date||Payable date||Amount|