Barloworld Mbewu is an innovative flagship programme designed to provide tailored support for start-up social enterprises, established social businesses, organisations and institutions that actively solve local challenges using good business practices.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The Barloworld Mbewu programme will individually assess the need of successfully selected organisations
- It offers financial and non-financial support to organisations who solve social challenges using entrepreneurial ways
- The programme will provide catalytic funding that can unlock further finance for maximum scalability of the organisation’s good work
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Organisations run by South African citizens
- Organisations that are operational for more than one year
- Organisations active in marginalised and previously disadvantaged communities are preferred
- Organisations active in the education, automotive value chain, agro-processing, agriculture, green economy or groundbreaking social innovation/technology that addresses local challenges
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
- A completed application form
- In order to complete your online application, please have the following at hand:
- Name and registration number of the organisation, if the organisation is not registered have evidence that the project has been in existence for more than one year (requirement once shortlisted)
- The details of the programme or project that needs funding and support from Barloworld Mbewu
- The challenges and risks associated with the project
- An indication of how the organisation measures impact (would be an advantage)
- If shortlisted the following supporting documents will be advantageous:
- Organisation registration documents
- Organisation financials if available
- BEE certificate or affidavit declaring BEE status
- Letters of reference | any other relevant documentation
HOW TO APPLY?
- Applications start: 12 June 2019
- Applications close: 31 July 2019
- Barloworld Mbewu roadshow start: 21 June 2019
- Barloworld Mbewu roadshow ends: 19 July 2019
- The Big Pitch start: 21 of August 2019
- The Big Pitch ends: 22 August 2019
- Incubation starts: Beginning of January 2020